Menu

For Mike's lovers on a budget....

Last weekend I really had a hankering for some Mike's, but given our uncertain financial situation these days, I figured $7+ for a six pack of Mike's was really an extravagance that I could do without (especially since they go down so fast). I told dh about how nice it would be to have one, but that it is too expensive.

Well, dh being the former bartender that he is, went to the liquor store and bought cheap citrus vodka. Then he went to the grocery store and bought lemonade mix and lemon-lime seltzer water. He mixed up a batch of lemonade and added the vodka.

Now when I have a hankering for Mike's, I pour a glass of spiked lemonade and top it off with the . Voila, cheap Mike's. For the price of 2 six packs of Mike's, I have a supply that will last ages.

Just thought I should share with other budget minded Mike's lovers. :D

Last weekend I really had a hankering for some Mike's, but given our uncertain financial situation these days, I figured $7+ for a six pack of Mike's was really an extravagance that I could do without (especially since they go down so fast). I told dh about how nice it would be to have one, but that it is too expensive.

Well, dh being the former bartender that he is, went to the liquor store and bought cheap citrus vodka. Then he went to the grocery store and bought lemonade mix and lemon-lime seltzer water. He mixed up a batch of lemonade and added the vodka.

Now when I have a hankering for Mike's, I pour a glass of spiked lemonade and top it off with the . Voila, cheap Mike's. For the price of 2 six packs of Mike's, I have a supply that will last ages.

Just thought I should share with other budget minded Mike's lovers. :D

:auto: