Menu

spanish for a 4 yr old?

jojomojo

He's driving me (and everyone else) absolutely bonkers "speaking Spanish". The constant gibberish is just too much :willy_nilly:

He is doing great with Headsprout, and sites like Starfall. Is there anything like that for foreign language geared towards littles? I think babbel.com would be good if I sat right there with him, but I was hoping for a little independent play lol

It doesn't even have to be Spanish...any language would work I think. Latin would be great! I do have Muzzy (Spanish), but I never found that to be all that great of a program :glare:

Thanks for any suggestions!

Ds just turned five. We're using a CD-ROM program called KidSpeak. We have the 6 in 1, but you can also buy just the Spanish program. Ds is learning Spanish with it through computer games. He likes it. There's humor, and he's learning without realizing it. I'm also discovering that he knows more than I thought originally. I think at this young age this is a good idea. It has age-appropriate activities. Rainbow Resource Center carries it, and it includes a review.

The regular program is around $30, but for just $20 more we got the 6 in 1 program, which includes the full programs for Spanish, Hebrew, Chinese, German, Italian and if I'm not mistaken Japanese. I think it's a good deal.

I may have to hold off on it then, my ds isn't really doing much reading at all. I mean, he can read the first couple of BOB books - "Mat sat. Sam sat." - but that's about it. The review also said something about playing with basic math facts, which he doesn't really have any experience with either. I think it may be frustrating at this point.

I did play on babbel with him for a bit and its crazy how well he pronounces the words. I feel I should do something with him. Maybe I will get it and if its a bit much, just set it aside for a while.

we have "Spanish on the Move" and my dd's both like it (5 and 3). It has some different songs and games to play with basic Spanish vocabulary. numbers, colors, basic sentences (I like or I don't like). We have it in the car and listen to it alternated with some other Cd's. The girls like it and have their favorite songs.

I also have a Berlitz kids pack (from Rainbow Resources), which came highly recommended from some people on this board. We just haven't broken it out yet. I'm going to give the Spanish on the Move a bit longer and then move on to the Berlitz.

We use at Puertas Abiertas:

http://secure.cartsvr.net/catalogs/catalog.asp?prodid=4868525&showprevnext=1

dd3 loves watching it with her big bro. She's learning animals, letters and people. She told me today, "You mujer mom, I'm nina." I watch it with them and yell out the answers "No, no elefante!" and they have little activities after the dvd lesson.