Menu

When/where to get a North Face jacket? Which one?

Slache

My husband wants a plain black fleece North Face jacket for Christmas. They seem to range from $70-$150 depending on the particular jacket and the store. I'm assuming black Friday would be the best time to buy. Does anyone have any advice on where to get one, or prefer one style over the next? I don't really understand the differences between them. He wouldn't be opposed to a different brand either, if one was better.

I would look online. Google shopping gets price offers from various sources. Previous season's stuff is always on sale somewhere.

Things to consider:

Does he prefer a sweater type jacket with short zipper or one that zips all the way through?

How heavy should the jacket be? To layer in regular winter temps, to wear as outerwear, to wear in expedition conditions on a mountain?

• Like 2

The Denali is probably one of North Face's most popular fleece coats, so I would definitely check it out.  My dd has a NF Khumbu, which is a slightly lighter weight than the Denali.

You might be able to get a good deal online, but be careful  - there are quite a few websites with fake NF items.  If it sounds too good to be true, it probably is.

• Like 1