Menu

Four year olds can be funny

kentuckymom

I can't post this on Facebook because it would open a whole "Oh, are you considering homeschooling?" can of worms I have no desire to open there. As you may have picked up, my son goes to public school, is sometimes happy there and currently unhappy. His best friend has always been homeschooled and therefore he sees it as a valid option and asks to be homeschooled on and off, frequently this year.

My daughter has witnessed this and processed it in her little brain. She attends an amazing preschool and thinks school is the most awesome thing in the world.  Yesterday she stated, quite emphatically: "You can homeschool brother if you want to, but I don't want to be homeschooled. I want to go to preschool until I'm done and next year I want to go to kindergarten at a normal school. I don't want to go to homegarten."

You've got to love her combination of kindergarten and homeschool :). And the fact is, even if I do ever convince DH to let me pull her brother out, there's a good chance she'll go to school. I don't see any red flags that would make her a bad fit for a school environment like I've seen with her brother.

• Like 6

So cute. And yes, I have one of those witty four year olds as well. Every Sunday morning we sleep late followed by a huge breakfast cooked by dh, he loves to cook and I don't, then late church. This particular Sunday was no different and my 4 yr old, Elsa, said, "Thanks Dad for cooking. And  thank you mom." I informed her I didn't cook. She quickly stated, "I know that is why I am thanking you."  The table erupted with laughter. What am I to do with her?

• Like 8

:)

My 4yo (need to get that in real quick before he turns 5yo later this month) was throwing a little tantrum the other day saying "it's not fair". I told him "life's not fair". He suddenly becomes calm, gets a thoughtful look, and asks "what does fair mean anyways?". :confused1: He's managed to use the word "fair" correctly for probably at least a couple of years (or at least, "not fair"). 

• Like 1

Oh, and last night I told my wife that we could keep the egg carton to make a fire starter by adding lint and melted wax from a candle stub (8yo is taking a survival class). She's like, why would you want to do that? You could just use a newspaper. So, I say I think the idea is to throw one in your backpack in case you get lost, and it'll probably burn a bit longer than some newspaper, but if you like to carry the OED around while hiking, that'll work just fine as well. 4yo, having overheard this, says "or a GPS". My wife thought at first that he was saying some random letters in response to me saying 'OED', which the 4yo probably doesn't know what that stands for, but he was actually being pretty smart. :)

• Like 2