Menu

CSS Profile 2016-2017

JoanHomeEd

Participating Institutions and Programs

https://profileonline.collegeboard.org/prf/PXRemotePartInstitutionServlet/PXRemotePartInstitutionServlet.srv

Remember to check the due dates; we just found out one of our schools is due in less than 2 weeks!

Stupid question... the deadlines for CSS aren't ever before you apply to the school, are they? DDs are not applying early to any school that uses CSS, so I've been figuring there's plenty of time for that still...

Stupid question... the deadlines for CSS aren't ever before you apply to the school, are they? DDs are not applying early to any school that uses CSS, so I've been figuring there's plenty of time for that still...

I think the deadline for most schools is in February. However, I am not sure how firm the deadlines are. Our taxes were a mess and we were not able to submit our CSS until the end of August. This delay did not cause a problem at my son's school at all, even though we were obviously months past the stated time frame..

U of MI has at times required them, but not consistently of everyone by any stretch. Knock on wood...trying not to tempt fate, so far two for two, and really, really hoping to go three for three without!!!

I consider the CSS to be a painful, financial colonoscopy since medical ones require sedation, but this one requires the parents to be fully cognizant of the horror in order to complete it.  :scared:

• Like 2

So, I just noticed that one of the schools ds has applied to has a Nov 15th deadline. Do I Have to fill this out? They haven't even said they accepted him yet and as of this time it is on the lower half of his list? I also noticed that we have to PAY to fill submit the thing.  Pay AND give them all my information, and I don't know if they will even accept dear son?! I am at at quandary.

So, I just noticed that one of the schools ds has applied to has a Nov 15th deadline. Do I Have to fill this out? They haven't even said they accepted him yet and as of this time it is on the lower half of his list? I also noticed that we have to PAY to fill submit the thing.  Pay AND give them all my information, and I don't know if they will even accept dear son?! I am at at quandary.

The schools my ds applied to that use PROFILE  require it before admissions notifications are sent out.  All of his are due after applications are due but before they make their decision.  

Makes me appreciate our rolling admissions schools that have offered scholarships before the FAFSA is done. 

DS does have one school that recommends the PROFILE but it is not required.  We did submit it and I think in that case it will help ds out as our need will put him under consideration for some scholarship programs that have a need component. The PROFILE reveals more need for our family than the FAFSA does, I think.  I know that works in reverse for other families.