Menu

Photo prints

MrsRobinson

Which has better quality photo prints? Walgreens or Walmart? I always order online but due to my own procrastination, I no longer have time to wait for shipping. These are my only small town choices. The prints are family photos, outdoors. Lots of pops of color. Oranges, yellows and greens. We were all wearing blue and we have blue eyes. The one time I printed from Walmart, the blues looked purple. Has their color quality improved? I plan on printing 11x14 sizes and a 20x30.

Call me crazy. I always order from Wal-Mart. I just placed an order last night. The biggest disappointment I've had with photos was when I did 100 "free" (had to pay shipping) for Shutterfly and they were grainy and terrible. I still don't know what happened because I didn't think the camera files were that bad.

I don't know about the quality. I just know that Wal-Mart is more convenient and inexpensive compared to most. I will look at my order and tell you if blues look purple when I pick them up.

Yes! Let me know, thanks!

This is very much a local issue, in my experience. Our local Walgreens is okay, but I've had a friend print at her Walgreens and get horrible colors. I don't think there's a whole lot of consistency between stores. That said, I've never gotten good prints from Walmart.

Hmm, I never thought of that! I suppose the printers between stores could vary pretty widely.

• Like 1

Local places are going to vary a *lot* based on calibration, care, management... There's really no way for anyone to give you an accurate recommendation because it's going to depend entirely on those actual places. Your best bet is to run a couple of test prints at both locations and compare.

• Like 2

What Rockhopper said. Adding: you are ore likely to do well with a glossy finish. The paper for matte finish absorbs more ink and so the same picture wille darker and muddier on matte than on glossy