Menu

Mini-course on teaching the addition facts

kateingr

Just wanted to let you all know about a free resource I'm offering on my blog: a six-week mini-course on how to teach the addition facts. If you're tackling the addition facts with your kids (or will at some point in the future), you're welcome to join in. J

All the details about the course are here, and more explanation of the general approach is here. Let me know if you have any questions--I think it will be fun! 

• Like 7

One book is all I can think about at a time, but I'm definitely hoping to write more. :) Anything in particular you'd like to see?

Well, my kids are older. But, in general I love books that make math learnable for the math phobic without resorting to silly games and gimmicks. Have to run now, but will get back later.

Well, my kids are older. But, in general I love books that make math learnable for the math phobic without resorting to silly games and gimmicks. Have to run now, but will get back later.

I love this, Alessandra! I may have to adopt it as my writing mission statement. Thanks! :) 

• Like 1

How very timely for my youngest DD! We've just reached the place in MM 1B where fact families are taught/drilled. She is very secure with the concept from many months of playing go to the dump and just messing around with the abacus, but I'd love a systematic walk through fact mastery.  Thanks in advance! I enjoy your blog posts and insights here on the forum. Keep up the good work!

• Like 1