Menu

testing signature and question about rep

I just wanted to see what my signature looks like when I post. I guess I need to get an avatar, too. :001_smile:

Also, I've read a bunch of stuff about the rep, and it still is a bit confusing. So I can't rep someone until I have 50 posts? And what does it look like/where can I find if someone reps me?

Thanks!

You can rep someone by clicking on the scales in the upper right corner of their post. But until you have 50 posts, your rep won't have any point value. Make sure to leave a comment and your username when you rep, because otherwise it will be anonymous. To see if someone has repped you, click on User Control Panel (CP) on the blueish bar near the top. You will see the last five reps that you have received there.

• 2 weeks later...
I thought I just read recently that the amount of rep you had to have before you could give it went up. It's still all VERY confusing...

However, I am sure giving rep MUST be fun, since it's so fun to get. :001_smile:

No, the rules have changed, but it is still 50 posts before your rep is worth points. you can still give rep even without 50 posts; it just doesn't add points to the other person's point total. The little comments you leave when you give rep are worth far more than the rep points you give anyway!

Ok, so I think I get it...

You have to have 50 posts for your rep to someone gives them rep points.

But then, what determines what your rep is worth? Is it the number of posts you have, or the amount of rep you have?

Yes! That is where the rules have changed. You now need 500 posts for your rep power to increase by one point. I forget how many rep points you need for your rep power to increase in that way. Lolly (or anyone else out there,) do you know how many?