Menu

Oregon community college shooting

Seasider

Nobody lives in a vacuum. And if you think urban crime is unrelated to the glorification of gun violence... wow. That's totally divorced from reality.

"Glorification of gun violence" is not part of the tradition I'm talking about.

Again, maybe you and I are talking about two very different "gun cultures."

Now it's being reported that the gunman was kicked out of the army during basic training because he tried to commit suicide.

It seems to me the government had enough information to consider this guy not safe with a gun.  In cases like this, an individual should not be able to legally acquire a gun or have one on his property.  IMHO.  The government should share information like this with whoever licenses guns / approves gun sales.

Now it's being reported that the gunman was kicked out of the army during basic training because he tried to commit suicide.

It seems to me the government had enough information to consider this guy not safe with a gun. In cases like this, an individual should not be able to legally acquire a gun or have one on his property. IMHO. The government should share information like this with whoever licenses guns / approves gun sales.

But under current laws he isn't disqualified. It isn't a matter of not sharing the information when even if it is shared he still won't be denied.

• Like 2

But under current laws he isn't disqualified. It isn't a matter of not sharing the information when even if it is shared he still won't be denied.

My point is that this is an area for reform.

Does anyone know of any state where this sort of information would be relevant to being able to own a gun?