Menu
ATTENTION: Forums search will not work until re-indexing is completed. Please follow these instructions for search

What's with the ads?

I'm going through the Data Science Specialization at Coursera : https://www.coursera.org/specializations/jhudatascience

The courses are tough and fast-paced, but I thought the second one on R Programming would be good for ds as he goes through statistics.  Many of the college textbooks on statistics use R for their examples now.

• Like 1

The Practice of Statistics - AP text, library usually have more than one copy

http://www.amazon.com/The-Practice-Statistics-Daren-Starnes/dp/1464108730

I agree that The Practice of Statistics is a good text for high school, either with or without the AP test.  I also agree that R would be highly useful -- it's used a lot in colleges and the working work, at least in science, engineering, and data analysis, and it's free, but I don't have any recommendations for a way to learn it.  There are lots of tutorials on using R, but I don't know where to begin (I haven't heard a lot of good things about the Coursera R course and it's $49).

Does anyone know of a good tutorial for a high school student to get going with R alongside a statistics course?  Thanks!

• Like 1