Menu

Jacobs geometry- where and what to order

I want to order Jacobs geometry for DS but I am not sure what I need to buy. Would the textbook and test packets suffice? Also, the textbook seems quite expensive on Amazon. Would eBay be the best place to buy it?

DS has looked at a wide range of math programs and says that he would like a standard textbook approach, so I thought that Jacobs would fit that requirement. Is there a place to preview it online before committing to a purchase?

Also, the textbook seems quite expensive on Amazon. Would eBay be the best place to buy it?

Yeah, it is really expensive!  I've been browsing for Jacobs Geometry and Algebra for awhile now and I can't find anything reasonable, either.  I think they stopped publishing his textbooks - that's why.  

• Like 1

I like to have two copies of math books so I can read through the lesson too. I bought a used (acceptable condition) 3rd edition on Amazon in June for 69$. The price went up over the summer and I couldn't bring myself to pay 80+ for one book. Waiting paid off and I got a copy in very good condition two weeks ago for $49.

I have the solutions manual and the test bank. I'm quite happy with it.

If you're not in a hurry, just stalk it for awhile. I got the text and TM as a set for $50 or so not long ago, but that was after keeping an eye on it for several months.

Now, if I could just find the TM for Jacobs' Mathematics:A Human Endeavor then I'd be over the moon... I've pretty nearly decided that I'll need to get it ILL and photocopy the solutions when we're using it more...

Yes, waiting until the price drops is what I did.  I really had to wait for the Transparency Masters.  They were listed at roughly $100 for over a year, then Deal OZ sent me an email to a set for $8.  I was THRILLED!!!   They're much easier to read than the small images in the teacher's manual. 

MFW is the interim printer of Jacob's Geometry.   If one wants new packages, check out their math page.  (mfwbooks.com)  or maybe a used curriculum group that is focused on mfw stuff?  (probably something on facebook for that)

(sold mine already, sorry)   We didn't use the transparencies or other stuff.  just 3rd edition text, solutions, and used mfw's lesson planner.

• Like 1

Thanks for all of the answers. Great idea on watching/stalking the prices.  I just ordered a 3rd edition Jacobs textbook on Amazon for $26.00. When I looked a few days ago, there was nothing even close to price. I also got the test bank for $30 and the solutions for $38 -- not great but manageable for me.  Anyway, thanks again!

• Like 1