Menu

Lial's Introductory Algebra??

I have both editions. Not too much difference --topics are in the same order-- layout changed with a bit more color.

The biggest difference is in the videos-- they have worked out test solutions and such (nothing fancy more like a grad student presenting each lesson--but inexpensive and a nice change to reading the lesson yourself).

One slight advantage of using the 9th edition is that you can coordinate missed problems directly with the extra practice problems on http://interactmath.com/home.aspx.   If you use the 8th edition, you can still do this by topic, but the 9th and 10th editions will allow you to click the odd numbered problem you missed in the book to get extra practice on a problem just like it.  

• Like 2

One slight advantage of using the 9th edition is that you can coordinate missed problems directly with the extra practice problems on http://interactmath.com/home.aspx.   If you use the 8th edition, you can still do this by topic, but the 9th and 10th editions will allow you to click the odd numbered problem you missed in the book to get extra practice on a problem just like it.  

Great link, thanks!

• Like 1

Thanks Jann!

Are you referring to videos for the 9th edition?

Do the videos cover all the lessons or the tests?

Speaking of the tests are they available for this textbook?

Tests are in the text-- I just photocopied them when my dd's used the program.

Videos present the lessons (and give test solutions).  The video lesson is pretty much the same as the written lesson--but sometimes watching and hearing is better than reading... they are only $35 for the set (Amazon Prime) so no bank buster for extra support.  Not sure if my girls could have watched them every day though...