Menu

Fun hotel/resort for Harry Potter in Orlando?

Alicia64

We just returned from Cabana Bay. It's the "value" resort associated with universal. We chose it for early entry privileges.we enjoyed it. It has two pools. One with a large slide and the other has a lazy river. They show movies poolside at night -- a youngish movie at the slide pool and a more teen/adult movie at the other pool. From my research the other three hotels with early entry privileges do not have in room refrigerators. We needed a refrigerator to store yogurt -- our daily breakfast. My dd has celiac so I like to have refrigerator to put food in case we don't find decent restaurant options for her. Also not buying breakfast was a significant savings. The Cabana Bay also has a bowling alley. We had 3 day park to park tickets and were pretty exhausted. So we didn't use the bowling alley. I think if you don't stay at a Universal hotel you can purchase early entry tickets, but we enjoyed our hotel.

You can also pay for unlimited express. Unlimited express is not offered at Cabana Bay, but like I said I needed a refrigerator. The price of Cabana Bay plus Unlimited Express is less than the other three Universal resorts with early entry. Unlimited Express was definitely worth it to us last week, but Summer crowds were already slowing. I expect Unlimited Express will not be necessary in September or October. Be aware Unlimited Express is not available for use with some rides. Particularly Escape from Gringotts, the Hogwarts ride and the Hogwarts Express (you also need park to park tickets for Hogwarts Express). So, early entry is important to take advantage of smaller crowds in Hogsmeade (8am Islands of Adventure) and Diagon Alley (8:30am Universal Studios).