Menu

I'm going to see the Pope (not that CC actually)

Daria

I think that I am going to go see the Pope.  By "see", I mean stand at a great distance while he arrives at Congress, possibly waving, and then, hopefully, watch him speak on a jumbotron.  Getting this glimpse will likely take up a major part of my day.

I'm not Catholic, I'll be there for professional reasons, but I'm curious.  Who are some people you'd stand outside in the heat or cold for hours to catch a glimpse of?  I did it 6 years ago for the Obama inauguration, and still have fond memories even though I didn't even get close enough to see a jumbotron.  I think at one time, I would have traveled to stand outside for Mandela or Sisulu or Bishop Tutu.  I'm not sure who else would make that list.

So, I'm curious, who are some people you would do this for, for other than professional reasons?

Who are some people you'd stand outside in the heat or cold for hours to catch a glimpse of? 

Ds -- some of his baseball games have been brutal. :)

I really can't think of anyone else that I would care enough about to stand in bad weather for.  It's not like the president or the pope would miss me.  ;)

I stood in the pouring rain for Daughtry last weekend, does that count?    :lol:   Total Fan girl here.

Bruce Springsteen

To hear Idina Menzel sing Defying Gravity from Wicked

Yeah - I would probably stand in a crowd to see the Pope on a jumbotron, just because it would be an interesting thing to do.  Sounds like fun!

• Like 1

For those of you saying musicians.  Would you do this to see a performer, when you didn't get see the performance?  

I'm just curious.  I'm not a huge music fan, but if I was going to stand outside to hear a singer, I'd expect to hear him/her live, not broadcast.  

I agree about watching your kid play a sport, that can be quite brutal!