Menu

Reading question

Smiles

I have a question about my 8 year olds reading, it might be a silly question but I'm going to ask. He started reading The Notebook of Doom and Dragon Masters books and he loves them. I just let him read them alone, is this ok. He does read to me during school time, but I cant be right with him while he is reading these books I have 2 other kids. He finished the Dragon Master book in a day! He was able to tell me about it and seemed to do a pretty good job explaining it. My problem is what if he is not reading some of the words correctly, is this ok? Again this may be silly but I had to ask! He is my oldest and I am just super excited that he picked a book to read! Maybe I will have a book lover after all! Thanks for your time.

I know what you mean; my dd (7) will finish a book much faster than I expect. 

However, she popped into the room to tell me, "HEY Mom, Diggory grew up to be the Professor!!!" and that, really, she should have read The Magician's Nephew before The Lion, The Witch and the Wardrobe, because it came first.  I bid her welcome to the great debate.  ;)

I'm counting that as comprehension, even though I'm not sure she understood every single word and she will most definitely mispronounce a bunch of them. 

Using WWE for narrations and asking her the SOTW narration questions has helped reassure me about her comprehension.

• Like 1