Menu

High school options in Texas?

school17777

Texas has a rule that students have to have attended a brick and mortar public school in Texas the year before the can enroll in one of the online charter schools. Also, she would have to pass all of the required state testing for high school students. that may require her to take lower level high school tests, but I am not positive on that.

She may also have to take Texas required high school courses that were not required in her original state. When I moved to Texas in 11th grade, I had to take an extra semester of Physical education.

Her best bet is probably to graduate where she is, or get a GED.

• Like 1

If she wants a state issued diploma she can go through Texas Tech ISD .  Easy transfer of credits if she was in a public school.. if she was homeschooled then she would probably need to take their 'credit by exam' to validate prior credits.

I'm pretty sure UT also has its own ISD (independent school district) that is virtual (online/correspondence) like Texas Tech-- but TT's has been around the longest and has the best reputation.

She can also have her parent issue a homeschool diploma (basically a signed and notarized transcript that has a 'graduation' date on it)  once she earns enough credits (on her own or through an online class) ... 

• Like 1