Menu

Paleo people

purplejackmama

Well - you can be "good" and try using coconut or almond milk and use a bit on honey...  or you can do like I do :)  I've been doing it for a while now, and decided that a tablespoon of 1/2 and 1/2 and a tiny bit of coconut palm sugar wasn't going to kill me :)

• Like 7

Are you REALLY drinking your coffee black?!  UGH.  This is the hardest part for me.  I love one good cup of coffee in the morning with heavy cream and a spoonful of sugar.  Tell me how you have solved this first world problem. ;)

I transitioned to black coffee a long time ago and I will never go back.  I do enjoy a vanilla cappuccino now and then, but when it comes to regular coffee I actually do like it black.  Just give yourself some time and make sure you have really good coffee.

• Like 1

Really, you get used to it. I used to drink coffee with cream and TWO spoonfuls of sugar. Insanity!! I literally could not drink it like that now because, gross.

• Like 1

Dairy if kind of a grey area in paleo, with some saying it's fine and some saying it isn't. I have a little milk in my coffee ... cream is a splurge sometimes :). I have come to prefer the taste of honey over real or substitute sugar in my coffee, though.

Full disclosure, I'm not full paleo ... not even sort of paleo this summer though I'll get back into it within a couple of months.

• Like 2

Ladybug, how do I join your paleo people group?

You go to "Social Groups" on the top of the screen (assuming you are not on your phone). Once you click that you should see new groups and I created it recently so there you are. :) Hopefully many will join soon! I also have a link in my siggy. We eat Paleo because of allergies. So it isn't likely to leave us anytime soon!

• Like 2

I do use cream. . .so maybe more primal than paleo.  However, I slowly cut back on sweetener until I tried it completely without one day and it didn't taste any different.  I think it helps if you don't eat/drink anything sweet.  Then, something like cream actually tastes sweet!

• Like 2