Menu

Looking for suggestions - Science and History related

parias1126

My DD will be starting her 7th grade year. We have done HOD the last year and I really love it. She was so independent with it and just needed me to guide her with Math, check her work, etc. She has decided that she doesn't want to do HOD again because, although she really enjoyed CTC last year, she doesn't like the topics for the one to follow. I want her to enjoy what she's studying and she loved it last year because she learned a lot about animals (which is one of the reasons we chose HOD last year along with some of the wonderful book titles).

I am driving myself crazy looking for something for History and Science for her since she loves to learn through reading and that's what HOD provided for us. I am looking for a History and Science where she is still learning through literature where it is not a lot of "busy work".

I would love suggestions for something similar.

It must also be independent (requiring little time/involvement from me).

TIA!

I am seriously thinking of moving to Beautiful Feet after we finish up Preparing and a few units of other material we have been using. www.bfbooks.com

I am using The Elements for science co-op, but if we were not using it there I would be using it at home. There are other books like Botany, etc. These are not living books, but they have a very different approach to text books. You can check out samples at http://www.ellenjmchenry.com/. If you are interested in the down load version there is a coupon for 50% off till the 20th. Search for it here as someone posted it a few days ago.