Menu

Change is in the air...moving on to new adventures

Miss Marple

We really do have a rocket scientist in the family!  DS2, graduated this May in ME, will be doing a co-op at SpaceX this fall!  It's a dream position for him.  From there he will go to graduate school at Georgia Tech.  It was mid April when he had a complete meltdown and felt he had wasted 4 years of school...now he's on top of the world :)  Any eligible young ladies out there looking for a great fella, albeit quiet/shy? (loves to cook gourmet, dresses nicely, loves skiing and travel - lol, he would be mortified if he knew I was talking about him)

DS4 is leaving the big state uni and enrolling in a small, private uni (U of Tulsa) located just 30-45 minutes from home.  He will live on campus and he has a nice internship already.  He got a fantastic scholarship as a transfer student.  He seems so much better already ...less depressed, still sleeping a lot, but I think he's looking forward to a new start and new friends.  Life at the big uni was not what he was hoping for and he was losing his way.  This school should be more challenging to him and give him something to work for.  He was becoming bored and lazy at the big uni...he just wanted to fill up his schedule with "easy A" classes rather than take courses that were of some value or fun.  Here's hoping it will be a good move...

Has anyone else made major changes for the coming school year?

• Like 21

Adding my very last kindergartener. Believe it or not, I can't begin to tell you just how weird that actually is! I've never not had another coming up behind before and it feels unbelievable.

But really just posting to tell you that I am going to share the Space X info with ds. He will think that is awesome!

• Like 5

Yay for happy endings, Cynthia!

A young man from our church just completed a semester-long internship at SpaceX and he *loved* it there!  He couldn't say enough good things about the experience. And I can't say enough good things about Georgia Tech. Academically & socially...I met my husband there back in the 80's in the aerospace engineering department. And I do know a very nice young lady who lives between San Diego and LA just in case. She does enough talking for two...but shhh...she reads these boards sometimes and would also be mortified to find this. :)

• Like 7

Congrats all around!

We have friends with two daughters who have graduated from Tulsa, and they absolutely LOVED it! The older one came in as a transfer her sophomore year and had no trouble assimilating at all. Also have friends whose ds got a great scholarship and will be a freshman there this fall. Great school and unique in its smallness coupled with Div I status.

• Like 2

Adding my very last kindergartener. Believe it or not, I can't begin to tell you just how weird that actually is! I've never not had another coming up behind before and it feels unbelievable.

But really just posting to tell you that I am going to share the Space X info with ds. He will think that is awesome!

I can imagine how weird that would feel!  The end is in sight :)

Yay for happy endings, Cynthia!

A young man from our church just completed a semester-long internship at SpaceX and he *loved* it there!  He couldn't say enough good things about the experience. And I can't say enough good things about Georgia Tech. Academically & socially...I met my husband there back in the 80's in the aerospace engineering department. And I do know a very nice young lady who lives between San Diego and LA just in case. She does enough talking for two...but shhh...she reads these boards sometimes and would also be mortified to find this. :)

Kathy, we really need to set up a WTM singles site lol.  I'm so glad to hear about GT...the idea of him living in Atlanta kind of boggles my mind.  He really enjoyed meeting the professors and touring the campus so hopefully, after a summer in LA, he will be well acclimated to the big city :)

• Like 1

Congrats all around!

We have friends with two daughters who have graduated from Tulsa, and they absolutely LOVED it! The older one came in as a transfer her sophomore year and had no trouble assimilating at all. Also have friends whose ds got a great scholarship and will be a freshman there this fall. Great school and unique in its smallness coupled with Div I status.

I hope he finds his niche there.  I worry a bit that it is too close to home, but on the other hand, he enjoys coming home and taking his boat out fishing with his local friends.  Everyone I talk to say that the TU experience is awesome.  Hoping our experience is the same :)

• Like 1