Menu

Facebook question for the experts

Aura

So, thanks to the Hive (among other things), I've started using Facebook more. However, I have one friend, my niece, that posts CONSTANTLY. I swear every thing that pops in her mind goes on Facebook. Not a problem for her, but it is for me. I can't keep up with my feed. If I unfollow her, but remain friends, will she know this?

If I click on that little "arrow," I have the options I Don't Want To See This (see fewer posts like this) or Unfollow Person (stop seeing posts but remain friends.) So if I do the first option (fewer posts), she won't know and I'll see fewer posts but still some? Right?

If you do decide to unfollow her and don't want her to know, be sure to check on her page periodically so that she doesn't post something important and you miss it...and then she asks you about it. Haha. Whenever I've had that happen, I just say that I must have missed that post and blame Facebook. ;)

• Like 4

When you unfollow someone, you stop seeing their status updates. Question: do they keep getting yours?

Yes, they do. They would have to unfollow YOU to stop getting yours OR you would have to block them specifically from seeing your updates (not block them from your Facebook, that would unfriend and make you not exist for them).

• Like 2

Yes, they do. They would have to unfollow YOU to stop getting yours OR you would have to block them specifically from seeing your updates (not block them from your Facebook, that would unfriend and make you not exist for them).

Ok, that's what I thought.

You can also choose to see only important posts. I'm not sure how they determine "important" but I think it is posts that get a lot of likes and comments. Doing that helps you to know if they actually post something that you might want to see.

• Like 1