Menu

S/O Loop Scheduling

carriede

I almost got scared off when the "quickstart" video said it was 57 minutes! But I decided to listen to the first 5 minutes to see if I could at least see what she was doing.

I haven't done the exact type of loop she gave as an example (where she came up with a "loop" of subjects that had different ratios of topics--geography on the loop 3 times, science 2 times, history 2 times, nature study 1 time). Kind of a neat idea!

I have, however, had what she describes as a "loop time." In other words, part of my day that is for "looping" and part that is not. For a time, I did skill subjects like reading, math, and handwriting daily, and more content-oriented subjects on a loop. My loop was just once for each subject and repeat--so if I had 6 items on a loop, maybe on Monday I got items 1-4 on the loop done. Tuesday I might do 5, 6, and 1-2. Wednesday I picked up with 3....and so on.

Anyway...does she have other variations on loops? I'm curious...but I don't know if I'm 57 minutes curious, LOL!

• Like 2

I watched it. It isnt a great fit for my scholaric scheduling software but we essentially loop anyway. Its a variation of 'do the next thing'.

The method/objective list for unstructured subjects was awesome - a way more powerful tip I think.

I combine looping and block scheduling and loop our blocks! LOL!

This is basically what we do.  For instance, the BF Geography guide has lessons broken down for the 4 Holling books.  So we went through 1 book, about 10 lessons.  We finished up any extra things we wanted to add after we finished the book.  Then we went on to science.  We're using CKE Biology.  We just finished reading through a unit.(about 5 lessons)  We'll finish with a few library books and an experiment.  Then we'll move on to history for awhile until there's a good stopping point.  Then back to geography.  Somewhere in there we'll do a week of artist study.

Mine is different from Sarah's in that frequency works itself out by just doing extra weeks for more important subjects. 

• Like 1