Menu

Bundle Sale, anyone?

scrapbookbuzz

I'm sure many of you have received emails from various homeschooling companies/sources about the

"Bundle Sale" going on. Some are pre-made bundles, and you can build your own. I think all contain

all e-book or electronic style products.

Does anyone else besides me just feel overwhelmed by it all and not really see any benefit?

I'm really more an old school, hands on actual paper kinda gal, I guess.

Talk to me, please. :bigear: 

• Like 3

I feel the same way about holding things in my hand. I had resisted until just a few hours were left in the sale. Laser printers, though, make all the difference in the world, so I caved. I got a premium bundle pack and ordered:

Biblioplan's Africa and Europe

British Literature

Tree Notebooking

Using Nature Study ... (can't remember the rest of the title)

Wildflower Notebooking Pages

Draw Around the World: USA

I think there are only 2 or 3 hours left in the sale as of this posting. Not that I want to cause a spending accident or anything...

Math Essentials Geometry

Teach Your Students to Take Notes

The Student's Guide to Art Journals

I suppose if we had a printer that would help. My husband insists, however, that we don't need one because he can just print whatever I need at work. :glare:

Can you ask for one for Christmas? That might get the message across.

Last year I got bombarded with so many emails about that sale ... it drove me crazy, and I ended up unsubscribing from a LOT of blogs and webpages because that's all they were talking about, and they were ALL talking about it, and I was getting basically the same ad 5 or more times from different sources, with different ads being repeated every day for what felt like forever. I'm not sure if they toned it down this year or if all my unsubscribing last year saved my sanity this year, too, but I only received a total of about 5 messages about it this time.

I looked at it once this year, but I'm not really interested too much in digital products other than books I read myself for fun on Kindle (and I'm sure books for my daughter once she's reading independently for fun) and very specific, carefully chosen digital products like Tapestry of Grace DE or Math Mammoth's digital version. I don't want to end up with a lot of digital products that I haven't specifically chosen and know I'll use. Like the OP, I'll just forget they're there.

• Like 1

I used to only want print books to hold in my hands, but then slowly switched over to pdfs. I organized everything on an external drive with folders by topics (grammar, science) and sub folders (chemistry, anatomy, ancient history, modern history) etc. I have a very good brother printer with cheap refills and print it all in advance and file by week. With reusing items for multiple kids, it is worth it to me. Sometimes I will buy the book if it is cheaper than printing. Like someone sold me a clean unused copy of WWE2 that ended up being cheaper than buying the student pages download and printing it, but that is an exception.

I did get the brain by Mchenry, a fine arts notebooking set, a unit on spies in the revolutionary war, a horse unit study and Math Essentials Pre Algebra.

• Like 1

I use ebooks extensively in our homeschool, but felt bombarded by how many darn emails I got about this sale. Several companies sent too.many.messages all by themselves, without seeming to consider that all their friends/affiliates/blogging buddies were also sending too.many.messages. On several days I had more than a dozen emails about this sale!. I did peruse the sale briefly, but there wasn't much that was useful to me that I didn't already own. A few things would have been nice-to-haves, but I was annoyed enough by the email offensive over the last couple of weeks that I decided not to order at all. I was happy to realize that the stupid sale was over and I might have peace in my email inbox, when lo and behold - "We're extending this super duper special never equalled sale for just ONE more day, just in case you missed it!" Good grief.

• Like 1

It HAS been ridiculous. I guess the good thing about the one day extension is one of the companies actually ordered a 50% Off Coupon towards one of the bundles. I may look at that.

But I agree that there were WAY TOO MANY emails, daily I think, about the sale!

On a side note: I'm also getting annoyed with everyone wanting you to 'subscribe to our email list' to read their blog, enter this contest, enter to win that candle, blah, blah, blah.

Can't I just read the stupid blog and enter the crazy contest WITHOUT you sending me a bazillion emails??

• Like 2

On a side note: I'm also getting annoyed with everyone wanting you to 'subscribe to our email list' to read their blog, enter this contest, enter to win that candle, blah, blah, blah.

Agreed.

And it seems all the blogs look REALLY alike. Such that I'm left wondering if its the same person behind them.

• Like 1