Menu

Dance Mom brag

go_go_gadget

This weekend is the Spring Show for ballet (not a recital--the sort people go to to see a show, not because they know someone in it), and after the show this evening people kept coming up to the director and asking who was DS10 was, and where she'd found him. Praise doesn't come easily from the director, but she said she was so pleased with him that she really wants to showcase him, and is having a whole new Russian costume made just for him for Nutcracker this year (because it's usually danced by older people, and the costumes are too big). It's the best male part in Nutcracker until he's ready for a pas de deux, but that's a ways off. Tonight was his first pas de quatre, and he's been invited to join the official partnering class.

DD8 wasn't in the Spring Show because she's too young, but at her demonstration/recital this afternoon, it was clear that she'd been put in the center so that the other girls could take their cues from her. She's up for promotion this summer, so she's very excited about that.

• Like 23

Ooh, I'd better come to the Nutcracker this Christmas! (I last went in 2012. Somehow we got busy the last two seasons, but I'll make it a priority this year.) Exciting!!!! Congratulations to your son.

(I know the director, and you're right, if she praises a dancer, that's a big wow :) )

• Like 1

(I know the director, and you're right, if she praises a dancer, that's a big wow :) )

You know how much it meant to him, then. He has another show today, and I was afraid he'd have a hard time keeping his head on his pillow last night for all the air he was floating on. ;)

• Like 1