Menu

Job placement woes

Anne in CA

I have been looking to hire a baker/ chef since Feb. I have called several CC with culinary programs as well as a well known Culinary Institute and no one will even return my phone calls most of the time, much less help someone get a job. I do not understand how colleges justify taking money from young people and when they have a chance to help a young person get a good job that would build a real career they won't help. Student load debt is at an all time high, and it is starting to appear to me that part of the problem is that colleges don't seem to care at all about job placement. Vent over.

• Like 1

I believe there is a huge lack of people trained to work in Trades in the USA now. Few people there want to work with their hands and few people know how to fix or build things.. Here in Colombia there are bakeries all over.  If you live in an area with a large Latino population, you might put up a sign (possibly in Spanish) and find someone.  GL

• Like 1