Menu

Online Psychology class reviews?

PA Homeschoolers and The Potters School offers AP Psychology.  She's taken classes through PAH.  I'm exploring Potters School as it has live weekly classes.

Anyone with experience with Psych class through either providers, can you give a review?

Thank you!

Ditto and the $200 option was recommended.

Option #2 Lectures, quizzes, essays, and a grade: In this option Dr. Tim assigns 10 short essays,quizzes, and final exam. $200.

Do you think this could prep the student AP Psych? One reason (but not the main reason) for taking this is to be able to skip Psych in college by taking the AP exam.

Do you think this could prep the student AP Psych? One reason (but not the main reason) for taking this is to be able to skip Psych in college by taking the AP exam.

Sorry, I have no experience w/ this program. My dd took her psych classes in college and ds hasn't had any. He's homeschooled and in high school. 

Have you checked to see if the college will accept the Psychology CLEP? I have found it to be one of the most widely accepted CLEPs. It is easy to pass after a self study course of Psychology.

Have you checked to see if the college will accept the Psychology CLEP? I have found it to be one of the most widely accepted CLEPs. It is easy to pass after a self study course of Psychology.

As of now, her #1 school is a top-tier school and I've always assumed ivies and top-tiers do not accept CLEPS.  But this is still worth chekcing out.  Thanks for the suggestion.

As of now, her #1 school is a top-tier school and I've always assumed ivies and top-tiers do not accept CLEPS.  But this is still worth chekcing out.  Thanks for the suggestion.

I've known people to get CLEP credit at Ivies, although I don't remember which. All the colleges my kids have looked at have a very short list of CLEPs they accept (and each list has been different) but Psych has been on every list. It is worth a try. Mine used SL Psychology this year required no additional prep to pass the CLEP.