Menu

Not receiving emails when my post is replied to.

I checked my settings and I should receive an email when my post is replied to. However, I am not. I checked my junk folder as well but nothing is there. Am I overlooking something?

Amanda

You're not overlooking anything. That feature has been broken for months now, unfortunately. I hope it comes back someday.

You're not overlooking anything. That feature has been broken for months now, unfortunately. I hope it comes back someday.

It works for me.

There are two ways to get it to work as it's not automatic.

1. If you quote someone, (on a laptop - I don't have a smartphone so don't know that way)...on the top right there are three options you can check - 

Post Options
  • Enable emoticons?

• Enable signature?

• Follow this topic?

If you don't check the last one, you won't get replies.

2. If you didn't quote someone to reply to the post, and just "Reply" at the bottom of a thread, you have to go to the top of the thread and click the button which says "Follow this Topic", then you get a choice, instantaneously, etc...

For me it is strange as sometimes the "Option" of following is already checked and sometimes it's not. I haven't figured out the algorithm for when it gets checked or not.

HTH,