Menu

updating NP eval for teen...

Ds 16 is having another NP eval tomorrow now that it has been just over three years since the last one.  That  is what was recommended at that time.

Just wondering if anyone has any advice on what I should be asking for or remembering to bring up at this stage of the game.  The eval is with the same psychologist as last time so she does have the last eval and his  history.  She did say she would talk to me prior to the testing and to make sure he has taken his meds that day.  I just don't want to forget anything that should be addressed.

I do have some behavioral things I want to bring up as well as a few academic concerns and things such as finding out if the meds have made any difference in his scores for processing speed, IQ, etc.

Thanks!

• Like 1

As I understand it this updated testing set will be used for SAT/college accomodations if needed.  The evaluation would also be used if he needs to apply for social security disability once he turns 18.  So I agree with PP about career testing, suitability for job and school situations would be of more importance than in past testing. 

• Like 3

Transitional planning. This can include career stuff, but will also look at functional living skills. I think this can be done with IEP meetings and/or board of DD meetings as well. I don't know a lot about this stage yet, but I have several IRL friends trying to figure all this out now. Even if you think this child will be independent, it's nice to turn all the rocks over and be sure you know what might come up.