Menu

Science sequence after AP physics C?

My kids did a year of high school chem first, but I don't think it's impossible to jump right into the AP level. I'd just recommend starting early in the year, possibly over the summer, because there's an awful lot of material to cover. We used Zumdahl's AP text here, just working through it on our own & checking answers in the back of the book. A few weeks before the exam, we reviewed using the Princeton Review book and old questions from released exams on the CB site. Hope that helps!

Glad to hear that the math love is growing! :D

• Like 3

just in case anyone reading this thread is interested in AP Chem and wasn't aware, the exam was redesigned in 2013-14 (that's when the redesign went into effect) so there aren't so many completely compatible old exams/practice books to practice with.

Dd is doing the course this year and it is the AP she is most concerned about due to the amount of material to be learned.

For practice you have: (and after this spring you'll have this year's FRQ's)...

http://apcentral.collegeboard.com/apc/public/exam/exam_information/1998.html

She did like AP Chem Crash Course book

It sounds like you/your son like challenges though :-)

Were you going to design the course?

• Like 1

Sorry I missed this post, Joan!  That is important info to have.  Thanks for letting us know.

No - I am not going to design the course.  I always want to, but...

Hi again,

dd is taking the course with PAH and the teacher makes up his own questions to simulate the new AP so that's a good thing! Lots of students aren't keeping up with their homework it seems....

FWIW - dd did the Georgia Public Broadcasting free Chem course with no book but by the end she couldn't stand it - she felt it was talking down to her so much....ds3 managed to get thru the Physics GPB but used Apologia Physics as his mainstay and just used the GPB for concepts where he wanted a bit more explanation.

Hi again,

dd is taking the course with PAH and the teacher makes up his own questions to simulate the new AP so that's a good thing! Lots of students aren't keeping up with their homework it seems....

DD is also enrolled in this class, and the amount of prep/materials made available to the students is outstanding.  The students do have to avail themselves of the wonderful resources, though. ;)