Menu

I kind of wish they had waited a day....

The IHS announcement was supposed to be today. DD has been checking every hour or so to see if they announced yet.

They just did. She wasn't selected. We knew it was a stretch-she technically wasn't eligible, but she had enough people encouraging her to try that she went ahead and did it. I think the application process was a great experience for her.

But I kind of wish they'd scheduled the notification for a day other than Easter. She's kind of missed the whole holiday excitement and fun because of waiting for that e-mail, and while she's handling it well, she's pretty down.

Oh no, that sucks. :(.  At least the process was a beneficial experience, though. On the plus side, you now know to ban her checking her email on holidays if you want her to be able to be able to engage or remain positive during the festivities.

I almost wonder if they counted the days and gave the committee X time to decide, and then realized after they'd published it that they hit Easter weekend and had to stick to it.  It definitely seemed odd here, too.

The good news is that she doesn't have to worry about how her cheer team would survive without her if they end up qualifying for state (which is the Saturday that's right in the middle of the conference dates). I wasn't too worried about it since her team hasn't qualified for state in several years, but she has been a little concerned.