Menu

Swimsuits for full bust?

PeterPan

Where would I look for swimsuits or swim tops for a 34G?  I've found $100 options online, some from the UK, and I'm afraid of getting burnt with shipping if they don't fit.  Is there a store in normal cities we can walk into that will have something?  

Where would I look for swimsuits or swim tops for a 34G?  I've found $100 options online, some from the UK, and I'm afraid of getting burnt with shipping if they don't fit.  Is there a store in normal cities we can walk into that will have something?  

Well, I don't know about normal cities, but I'm close to the same size and just found something that I *love* at My Bikini Shoppe near Chicago, IL. It fits great and looks awesome. 

• Like 1

The best I've been able to do is find a sports bra to wear underneath that makes it look like layered tank tops. The bra I chose is a black, cottony Hanes Her Way sporty thing. It's very comfortable and provides exponentially more support than a swim suit as well as a LOT more coverage. It makes the suit fit better and look better as well. A lot of the Y lifeguards here wear some kind of sports bra under a sporty suit. I think I shopped at either JCPenney or Sears in a more rural area. My experience living in the land of "it's all paved over" is that no one store carries a lot of stuff because they don't have to and will be stuck with extra merchandise at the end of the season (we have way too many stores). Shopping nearer to my parents where one or two big stores really carry the majority of options for customers means a much better selection all in one place and more sizes, varieties, not just a few of the most popular varieties. 

• Like 1

We gave up and ordered from a place online.  Hate the price ($99, ouch!), but as Jane says, sometimes it's just what you need to do to get the fit.  Thanks, kbutton, for explaining the sports bra thing.  I've seen that on other people and didn't know what I was seeing, odd as that sounds, lol.  And yes, sounds like next time we're near Chicago we should do more shopping and less museums!  :D

• Like 1

We gave up and ordered from a place online.  Hate the price ($99, ouch!), but as Jane says, sometimes it's just what you need to do to get the fit.  Thanks, kbutton, for explaining the sports bra thing.  I've seen that on other people and didn't know what I was seeing, odd as that sounds, lol.  And yes, sounds like next time we're near Chicago we should do more shopping and less museums!   :D

The lady spent about an hour helping me try on various swimsuits and stuff. The price was a definite OUCH but I know it fits, I'd never have picked it out of a catalog, and it looks awesome. (my first two-piece EVER). I really highly recommend that shop.

• Like 1