Menu

Silly little question about baked oatmeal

Mommy22alyns

I have never done baked oatmeal before, but the idea appeals to me.  This is the recipe I plan to try:

http://www.twopeasandtheirpod.com/baked-blueberry-coconut-oatmeal/

Okay.  Can I prep this the night before and bake in the morning?  And if so, when I bake it, do I just stick it in the oven right from the fridge?  Should I change the cooking time or not?

If you have any good baked oatmeal recipes you recommend, will you share them here?  :D

I bake mine once a week (it's just for me--no one else eats it) and it lasts in it's covered pan in the fridge all week. Each morning I spoon out 1/6 of the pan and heat it in the microwave for 30 seconds. I love that stuff. So one option is just to bake it the night before and heat up portions as needed, but I think it would also be fine to just put it in the pan uncooked and bake in the morning. I tweaked a couple of recipes to make a healthier version. Here's mine:

2 eggs

1/2 cup applesauce

1/3 cup brown sugar

1/2 tsp salt

2 tsp baking powder

2 tsp cinnamon

1 cup milk

3 cups old fashioned oats

I then add 1 apple, peeled and diced and 2 cups frozen blueberries (we pick a ton of blueberries in the summer and freeze them, so this is an easy add-in for me).

Spray Pam in an 8x8 pan. Cook at 350° until done (35 min for our convection oven--our old crummy oven was 45 min). I then cut it into 6 portions.

• Like 2