Menu

Best Travel Backpack

ErinE

I'm looking for a backpack I can travel with. Ideally, it would fit under an airplane seat, but be large enough to hold 2-3 days worth of clothes. It also needs to be durable. I've bought backpacks from Target that fell apart quickly. Right now, I'm using a corporate backpack with a laptop pocket, which makes it difficult to pack efficiently.

Do you have any suggestions?

A large daypack would work. I used one to travel around the world in my 20s. A small daypack makes boarding and exiting a plane easy, and these small packs fit in overhead compartments. Check out REI.

I haven't heard the term daypack before! Yes, that's exactly what I was looking for. I traveled in my twenties as well and consider myself an efficient packer. I cringe having to check any baggage on a plane, but car seats need to come with us.

My son has a great one from REI, but it doesn't fit under a plane seat. It does easily go in an overhead bin. He has traveled all over Spain with it, and many places in the states. It's his come home from college bag. (You would be amazed at the amount of dirty laundry that can come home in it.) I would definitely check out REI.

• Like 1

I will suggest bags made by Osprey.  They come with a lifetime guarantee which my son the archaeologist/international traveler has yet to use--despite dragging his backpack hither and yon. They also make bags with support systems designed to fit women.  I own one in the Raven/Raptor series.

• Like 2