Menu

There are days I doubt I am cut out for this

The kids were fighting, no one was listening ( I mean how hard can is be to sort dark clothes from light?), math with my LD son almost drove me over the edge, my 8th grader has been whining and complaining all day over her TOG work and to top it all off today my 3 yo is especially, well, a 3 year old boy.

I promised them I'd make cookies after the dishes get done, but I am slowly losing my motivation. :glare:

From a fellow slowly-going-crazy-mom herself. :D

I could have written your post today.

Hope your day gets much better. And isn't it good to remember that since God gave us these children, He'll give us what we need to raise them. Hard to remember on days like these though...

I'm going to take a nap and let my dc be under the charge of their father for a while. I do have it nice because he's home all the time. Guess I can't complain about that!

Sounds like they should make YOU cookies. ;) Here's a whopping big :grouphug: for ya, Quiver. If it gives you any little teensy boost, I want you to know that you're SUCH an inspiration to me. Really. Every time I even just see your username--forget that knockout avatar!--I think, "She can do this with a TEAM of kids?! I can certainly manage these TWO little varmints."

You amaze me, woman, you really do. :001_smile:

Wow - if you can feel that way after 10 kids then I guess it's OK for me to feel that way with just the 3 of them. Thankfully, the baby is still painfully cute and not quite causing trouble as only a 3-year-old can. ;)

I'm sorry, Jean! I don't know what the deal is with these kids - must be the hurricane, affecting the moods of children nationally. :grouphug::grouphug::grouphug:

Sounds like they should make YOU cookies. ;) Here's a whopping big :grouphug: for ya, Quiver. If it gives you any little teensy boost, I want you to know that you're SUCH an inspiration to me. Really. Every time I even just see your username--forget that knockout avatar!--I think, "She can do this with a TEAM of kids?! I can certainly manage these TWO little varmints."

You amaze me, woman, you really do. :001_smile:

:iagree: Really, you are such an inspiration to me (and I'm sure many others). 10 kids (and even when you come here to "vent" about them, you're still going to make cookies!), and your commitment to healthy eating, etc.

The kids should definately be making you the cookies after that! This morning dh was describing to 3yo why he goes to work to make money and how hard he works, etc. I thought he was then going to add (like he usually does) that mommy works hard, too, but my job doesn't pay very well - he didn't and I got pretty perturbed at him. He spent all that time talking about how wonderful he is and completely backpedaled at the end. It started my morning off on the wrong foot, that's for sure.