Menu

Great Story - Mo'Ne Davis

goldberry

http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/baseball/mo-davis-asks-bloomsburg-reinstate-baseball-player-article-1.2159439

Mo’ne Davis asks Bloomsburg University to reinstate baseball player kicked off team for 'slut' tweet 

Short version, idiot guy tweets about her ""Disney is making a movie about Mo'ne Davis? WHAT A JOKE. That slut got rocked by Nevada,"   School gets ticked and boots him off team.  

Mo'ne Davis writes school...what a class act!

Mo'Ne's email to Bloomsburg University:

Dear Dr. Soltz,

I am writing about the Tweet sent out by your baseball player, Joey Casselberry, and his dismissal from the team because of it. While I admit I was pretty hurt when I read his comments, I felt sad that he was dismissed from the team. As many people know, my dream is to play college basketball and maybe even professionally. I know how much hard work and dedication it will take to get there, and to have that dream taken away would be heartbreaking.  I am sure Joey Casselberry has worked very hard to get where he is and dreams of playing in the major leagues. For this reason, I’m asking you to please allow him back on the team so that he can continue to chase his dream. He made one dumb mistake. I’m sure he would go back and change it if he could. We all make mistakes and deserve to be forgiven. I hope you will give him a second chance and allow him to play.

Thanks.

Mo’ne Davis

• Like 1

Just my two cents:

I wish she hadn't done that.

The university made a decision that they don't want to be represented by a man who would call a young girl a slut.

I'm sure victims are often pressed to recant or "tell them not to punish me". This is a step backwards imho.

• Like 3

Just my two cents:

I wish she hadn't done that.

The university made a decision that they don't want to be represented by a man who would call a young girl a slut.

I'm sure victims are often pressed to recant or "tell them not to punish me". This is a step backwards imho.

Wow.  Totally disagree.  The university will still do what they will, and I believe they are still determined to keep him off the team which is fine.  I don't disagree with that at all.

I was impressed with her attitude.  The idea that a mistake does not define someone is awesome. I think it is a great quality to have. 

Maybe it does define this guy. But I think it's great of her to think "maybe it doesn't."

• Like 1

Um, no. Name-calling is not nice, that is not a nice word, likely you are not the only one he uses that word to represent, many reasons why you don't get to give him a free pass.

Maybe he doesn't have those dreams. Maybe he deserves a reality check. Maybe he is talented enough to make a comeback. Maybe I should go read the article.

• Like 1

I did not see that as her giving him a free pass or saying it was okay.  She was making a statement about herself as a person that I think was great.  She is a 13 year old girl.  She still believes that there is good in the world.  It's awesome.  And a reminder that we are not all who we are in are worst moments.

• Like 3

I did not see that as her giving him a free pass or saying it was okay. She was making a statement about herself as a person that I think was great. She is a 13 year old girl. She still believes that there is good in the world. It's awesome. And a reminder that we are not all who we are in are worst moments.

I agree that she sounds like an interesting person. I think her generosity is misplaced in this case.

• Like 3

I admire her for handling it with more grace and maturity than many of us, including myself, would have.

Publicly slut-shaming a 13 year old girl should indeed get you kicked off the team, or at least suspended for a good long time. I hope they don't go too easy on him. There are so many horror stories out there about universities sweeping it under the rug when their athletes abuse women. It's about time the tide turned.

• Like 7

I think she's awesome, and that it's great that she can put aside her hurt feelings. Her parents (and coaches) have done a wonderful job of raising and training an amazing student athlete and a great kid.

At the same time, I think the university team absolutely did the right thing, and I'm glad they did. Because when you represent an organization, you represent them-and I would hope that no coach and no school wants someone who thinks it's funny to slut shame a 13 yr old being what the public associates with their name.

• Like 4