Menu

So, who has tried out Google Chrome?

I'm using it right now and there are some thing I really like about it It is incredibly fast and I really like the omni-bar. However, it doesn't play well with facebook (one of my main sites) and doesn't have all the cool plugins and extensions, like Firefox yet--it's open source so those should be coming soon.

Anyone else using it? What do you think?

http://google.com/chrome

Pros (so far):

Fast, fast, fast

If one tab is having problems, it doesn't affect the other tabs

The omni bar is *slick*.

• You use the omni bar for searching 1. the web using your default search engine and 2. your own history
  • It has auto-fill, but will *only* fill in what you've typed already. For ex: I type in CNN.com fairly often. As soon as I start typing in will start to fill in CNN.com, but never cnn.com/12340339475/old_story_that_I_read_two_weeks_ago_and_dont_care_about_now.htm
  • You can use it to search web site which have their own search engine. For ex: to search Amazon.com, you type in Amazon.com (or it will auto fill that in for you, hit tab and then your search term.

It highlights the box that your cursor is in--bright yellow outlined box is much easier to see than the blinking cursor.

Cons (so far):

It's new so it and other sights are not alway compatible. That will sort itself out pretty quickly

Some security issues are present (which should be fixed soon also)

I don't like that I can't pull my pointer down to the bottom of the page and get to my status bar. I do that fairly often to check the time/date etc. I have to minimize Chrome, check my status bar, and maximize Chrome again. Annoying.

The scroll on my mouse pad works going down, but not back up

I can have the browser open multiple tabs on start-up, but the "home" button only opens up one page.

So there you have it--my seat of the pants, non-techie evaluation. :lol:

I'm loving it. Yesterday Firefox crashed twice so I was ready for Chrome. So far things have worked the way I expected and I'm pretty happy with it. One or two sites that don't play well, but not nearly as many as I was afraid of. Even WTM Forum gets along with Chrome better than Firefox 3. I'm happy!

I have been using it all day. Chrome is very fast. The speed test seem to be misleading, since the slow parts of a page does not slow down the rest of the page.

With the other browsers I've used, when a part of a page gets stuck the whole page will not display. Also, very long pages seem to work very well.

Browser competition is great! I hope Chrome keeps the competition alive. (The integrated spell checker is great too :001_smile:)

I just thought I'd mention... I've downloaded this browser and I really like it. It's simple, fast and doesn't seem to use many computer resources. It grabs your bookmarks and passwords and such from IE or Firefox and the transition is seamless. For those of you with older computers you might like this quite a bit. www.google.com/chrome

One word of warning. If you're paranoid about having your data tracked... I wonder if Google is doing that with this browser. After all, that's what Google sells... you... and me. Data. They know an awful lot about us and it can only get worse in the future. Does anyone know if this browser is reporting back?

I downloaded it also. So far I love its speed and the fact that it is not bringing my system to its knees if I open too many windows. The problem I am having is that I am not able to play any of the United Streaming videos through it. I have to switch back over to IE in order to view them. My other gripe is that I have not been able to find any way to organize my bookmarks with Chrome.

I know there are major privacy concerns about Chrome, but for now I am not too worried. Other than that, I really like it. I love the way it keeps track of your history and downloads. I am sure it does much more that I haven't figured out yet. :)

I just thought I'd mention... I've downloaded this browser and I really like it. It's simple, fast and doesn't seem to use many computer resources. It grabs your bookmarks and passwords and such from IE or Firefox and the transition is seamless. For those of you with older computers you might like this quite a bit. www.google.com/chrome

One word of warning. If you're paranoid about having your data tracked... I wonder if Google is doing that with this browser. After all, that's what Google sells... you... and me. Data. They know an awful lot about us and it can only get worse in the future. Does anyone know if this browser is reporting back?

I'd be *very* surprised if it wasn't reporting back.

Then again, I've already sold my soul by using gmail. I'm sure I'll love Chrome. But yeah, I'd be floored if it wasn't tracking and reporting.

I just thought I'd mention... I've downloaded this browser and I really like it. It's simple, fast and doesn't seem to use many computer resources. It grabs your bookmarks and passwords and such from IE or Firefox and the transition is seamless.

I'm (mostly) loving it so far. Here's my earlier post and review on it. I don't use it all the time b/c of the issues with facebook and scrolling, though.