Menu

U.S.P.S. delivered DHLGlobalMail package on Presidents Day 2015

Lanny

Our Forwarder's system sent me an email, in the late afternoon on President's Day, that they have this package in their system.  That surprised me, because I did not believe U.S.P.S. would deliver anything on a Postal Holiday and Presidents Day is a Postal Holiday.

https://about.usps.com/news/events-calendar/2015-postal-holidays.htm

This was in Miami, FL and this may or may not be common in other cities and may have to do with the volume of packages U.S.P.S. delivers to our Forwarder.

This package has a book (for me) that I bought on Amazon, from a Marketplace Seller in Windsor Locks CT on the 10th and DHL GlobalMail did a great job getting it down to Orlando, where they Tendered it to U.S.P.S. Saturday morning.

Note: The U.S.P.S. Tracking must be behind and as I write this, does not show the package was "Out for Delivery" or "Delivered"

Kudos to DHL GlobalMail and the U.S.P.S. on this shipment!

I have another book enroute via DHL GlobalMail from Houston, that still isn't showing it has arrived in Orlando and our first experience with UPS Mail Innovations is a textbook from the San Francisco Bay area for DD that doesn't show it is in FL yet.  Another textbook I ordered for DD from a company in OH should ship today or tomorrow, via U.S.P.S. MediaMail which normally works well for us. If all goes well, our Forwarder will deliver the carton with the 4 books to our house in Colombia next week.

I got a packaged delivered via the USPS from Amazon yesterday.   The thing is I'm pretty sure I didn't order it via Prime (I really dislike overusing it since I know it means people working at strange hours).    But, I must have ordered it that way  by mistake and now I'm a bit annoyed that Prime means that someone at the USPS had to work on a Fed. holiday.    That just doesn't seem right to me.

Follow on: The other DHL GlobalMail package finally checked in, in Orlando, this morning and was Tendered to USPS there. Hopefully it will be delivered in Miami tomorrow

@MomtoCandJ I hope you get your books soon!

The 2nd textbook will ship USPS MedialMail from Ohio today and there is a Winter storm in the South, so that may delay it getting to Miami.  Our luck so far, with packages sent to Miami, via various carriers,  has been good to very good to outstanding (typically Very Good) and so far nothing has gotten lost.  I hope that continues!.

In addition to the fact that USPS sub-contracts and delivers on Sundays throughout Christmas, they also pay a living wage with a pension!

I have never had problems with USPS and have ordered most Christmas presents online since 2002-3. I love USPS. I think FedEx and UPS have waged an effective campaign to shut them down because they don't like a government-mandated service to make them look bad or something? USPS was rated the best of all the big mail carriers by Consumer Reports as well.

But, I must have ordered it that way  by mistake and now I'm a bit annoyed that Prime means that someone at the USPS had to work on a Fed. holiday. 

In rain or sleet or snow or hail... or when someone urgently needs diapers delivered... Honestly people complain when USPS works and when they don't work. Amazon I believe cut a deal with USPS which has been working hard to be the best mail carrier in the US. I am proud of them for stepping up to have the best service.

In addition to the fact that USPS sub-contracts and delivers on Sundays throughout Christmas, they also pay a living wage with a pension!

I have never had problems with USPS and have ordered most Christmas presents online since 2002-3. I love USPS. I think FedEx and UPS have waged an effective campaign to shut them down because they don't like a government-mandated service to make them look bad or something? USPS was rated the best of all the big mail carriers by Consumer Reports as well.

In rain or sleet or snow or hail... or when someone urgently needs diapers delivered... Honestly people complain when USPS works and when they don't work. Amazon I believe cut a deal with USPS which has been working hard to be the best mail carrier in the US. I am proud of them for stepping up to have the best service.

This is not in all areas though.

I've had a lot of issues with USPS unfortunately.  Stuff like having packages completely destroyed.  How does that even happen?  Accidents happen, sure.  But having a very well packaged item completely torn apart as if wild dogs attacked it?  And getting no compensation for that whatsoever? 

Oh and then there was the issue of my gamefly games not making it there so many times that I just gave up and canceled the service.  And this only happened when I had the post man pick it up.  I was told to file a police report. I did, but like they got nothing better to do? 

I got a packaged delivered via the USPS from Amazon yesterday.   The thing is I'm pretty sure I didn't order it via Prime (I really dislike overusing it since I know it means people working at strange hours).    But, I must have ordered it that way  by mistake and now I'm a bit annoyed that Prime means that someone at the USPS had to work on a Fed. holiday.    That just doesn't seem right to me.

They get paid really well (here, at least), and it's not like it was Christmas. ;)  It also could be they made a mistake and worked over to correct problems?