Menu

Nothing to see here!

Whereneverever

Actually I don't think one movie should speak for all. The relationships in a submissive/dominant relationship can be a truly deep love from both sides. I can only base my opinion on Biblical love from what I hear and frankly I'm not impressed. I've heard of relationships where the woman truly has no say. That can't always be consenting. But I'm sure there are Biblical relationships where love is from both sides. I personally don't think either type of relationship should be judged as a whole. There are variants possible.

I think both "forms" of submission are destructive and remnants of the same source: patriarchy and misogyny.

Here's what I wrote on Facebook about 50SOG:

Misogyny and rape culture in a best seller. I'd say it was alarming, but the chronic, low level presence of this in our culture has been so normalized that even those *outraged* by 50 Shades (and Twilight, and others) aren't outraged enough for the actual damage perpetuated by the culture that makes them bestsellers.