Menu

Question About Angel Food Ministries...

I've thought about doing this, but my family does NOT eat breaded chicken patties or nuggets and it seems like every month they include one or the other -- this month its 3 pounds worth. I'd have to figure out some way of using these up or getting rid of them, and then I'm not sure that it's worth it after that.

Do they always include chicken patties or nuggets?

I've been doing Angel Food for about a year and a half now. Seems like there have been about 2 times they haven't had them, if I recall correctly (and it's possible that I'm not right -- my memory isn't all that great these days);). It's pretty much a standard item and definitely one of their staples, but not necessarily a given.

I use our Angel Food chicken nuggets when my kids' friends stay for lunch unexpectedly. I serve them with apple slices and crackers and they make a super easy last minute lunch.

I have also taken them as an extra kid item to potlucks and they are usually gone in minutes.

i SOOOO wish we had access to this!!! They don't have them in WA. Anyway, you could bake them, then slice them and make bacon ranch salad? (salad mix, with bacon sprinkled on top, optional, and ranch dressing and chicken slices) i actually BUY chicken nuggets whenever i can to use every week or every other week for the main part of one of our lunches...

I wondered what Breaded Chicken Chunks were! Somehow the word "Chunks" just seems so unappealing. I haven't tried Angel Foods yet, but I've been thinking about it, mostly because ds keeps talking dreamily about having steak for dinner and we just don't have a steak sort of budget. So are the "Chunks" just regular chicken nuggets, because if they are, my kids will eat them.

Also, do you pay up front for the order, or when you pick it up?

I wondered what Breaded Chicken Chunks were! Somehow the word "Chunks" just seems so unappealing. I haven't tried Angel Foods yet, but I've been thinking about it, mostly because ds keeps talking dreamily about having steak for dinner and we just don't have a steak sort of budget. So are the "Chunks" just regular chicken nuggets, because if they are, my kids will eat them.

Also, do you pay up front for the order, or when you pick it up?

Yes you pay up front, I think the chunks are chicken nuggets just bigger pieces? or smaller? we have enjoyed Angel food for 2 months and it has saved us so much in our budget. Steak is so nice!

blessings

lori