Menu

Another yoga/exercise clothes question--sleeveless tops?

ILiveInFlipFlops

I just spent some time at Marshall's picking out yoga wear for DD12 and myself, and I like to have as little fabric on me as possible when I exercise (indoors, anyway). I really like those racerback-style sleeveless tops, but what exactly are women wearing under these? I'm thinking it's not anything like my decidedly unpretty, industrial-strength, DDDDDD-cup workout bra, right?

I really want a sleeveless workout top, but I'm not seeing anything (locally, anyway) that isn't so sparse in terms of fabric. Everything seems designed to intentionally show off that underlayer. And none of the pretty exercise bras I saw at Marshall's will even come close to corralling these babies for working out :lol: I need serious lockdown. 

Any suggestions? I'm trying to find something that fits snugly to me and that is sleeveless but won't expose my whole ugly bra. 

TIA!

I wear my Industrial strength 32DDD sports bra :) . Most of the cute young things seem to wear sports bra or a cami. Here's the link to my favorite. Get ready for sticker shock but I only have two and I've been careful and they've lasted two years. I can still run in them.

http://www.freshpair.com/womens/Shock-Absorber/bras.html?cvosrc=ppc.msn.shock%20absorber%20bra&cvo_campaign=Supplier+-+Shock+Absorber+-+USA+-+Exact&cvo_crid=7652340618&Matchtype=be

I wear my Industrial strength 32DDD sports bra :) . Most of the cute young things seem to wear sports bra or a cami. Here's the link to my favorite. Get ready for sticker shock but I only have two and I've been careful and they've lasted two years. I can still run in them.

http://www.freshpair.com/womens/Shock-Absorber/bras.html?cvosrc=ppc.msn.shock%20absorber%20bra&cvo_campaign=Supplier+-+Shock+Absorber+-+USA+-+Exact&cvo_crid=7652340618&Matchtype=be

Thanks everyone, and thanks for the link, joyofsix. I did find one I liked, and it may be time for something new. My old one does still work OK, but it's not the highest quality, and the inner seams scrape me up if I wear it too long. I found one that looks it will work on that site. Now to work myself up to paying $70 for an exercise bra! Maybe I'll make it a reward for actually exercising regularly for the next month or so. At least then I'll know it's actually a valid expense!

Do you have a favorite style of this brand? 

Have you seen lululemon tata tamers? They're very popular here among my endowed friends and look pretty layered. I'm at the other end of the alphabet so no personal exp... :)

Thanks for the recommendation. They actually don't have any high-support bras right now, but medium support might be enough for yoga for me. Though I'd still need something for on the treadmill. Hmm. Maybe I'll go back and check out what Marshall's had and at least see if they'd be enough support for low-impact exercise (assuming they even have anything in my size, of course). And your post got me looking at Title 9 and Athleta too. Title 9 had some promising options. 

Of course, if I buy a new bra, then I have to go spend some money on cute tops. And if I buy the gear, I'll definitely exercise regularly, right? RIGHT?!

A lot of women I know layer sports bras. So maybe you could wear a prettier style over your industrial-strength one?

I have a lot to corral myself, but I tend more towards sleeveless tops (as opposed to tank tops). I'm cheap so I usually get the Danskin ones from Walmart. They hold up surprisingly well and cover what I need covered while being lightweight.

I wear plain sports bras under mine as well and it seems to be the norm here. I'm with you, I can't stand exercising in sleeves. It's always warm in the yoga room and in the fitness center here in general and these days, my internal temp is running high anyhow :)