Menu

Needing Recs and Reviews of Online Lit/Comp/English courses for 9th

DS is doing his first online course this year for English and it's going very well. I'd like to continue this route as he begins high school next year. Any recommendations or reviews of programs you have used would be very helpful. DS is using TPS right now and it is a positive experience, so they are certainly in the running. I'm also looking at Blue Tent, Center for Lit, and Classical Learning Resource Center. We would lean toward live classes, but any input or comparisons you can give would be welcome! What else should we be considering?

• Like 1

My Dd is taking Intro to Literature and Academic Writing at DebraBell.com this year. She really enjoys the one hour per week live class. Even she thinks her writing has improved. The next class in the series is Pre AP level.

If your kiddo has had plenty of writing experience you may want to jump in at the Pre AP level.

• Like 2

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...

DS is doing his first online course this year for English and it's going very well. I'd like to continue this route as he begins high school next year. Any recommendations or reviews of programs you have used would be very helpful. DS is using TPS right now and it is a positive experience, so they are certainly in the running. I'm also looking at Blue Tent, Center for Lit, and Classical Learning Resource Center. We would lean toward live classes, but any input or comparisons you can give would be welcome! What else should we be considering?

How is your experience with TPS?Is there any need of supplementing writing or literature?What have you decided for coming year?I also have to choose between TPS or Classical Learning Resource Center for ds. Share your experiences and recommendations please!