Menu

Do ikea boxes tend to be of similar size?

UncleEJ

I need to take my sister to ikea to get a new bed (just the frame, no mattress) and dresser and I'm trying to figure out if it will all fit into my vehicle.

I drive a YukonXL. I can't get a sitter so I have to take all three kids and that would mean one in the way back and two in the middle (my middle row is two captains chairs). I would be able to fold down half of the third row, plus all the regular cargo space behind the third row.

I'm thinking a lot of ikea boxes are long and skinny-ish and if that is the case we should be ok. But if any of the boxes are wider than half of the back row that is folded down, we would be in trouble. I live about 2 hours away so I would hate to get there and not have room.

If anyone has any ideas if this would work, that would be great!

They're all different. You need to get the dimensions of the box.

But also... I have made things fit by unpacking them partially at Ikea and putting individual pieces in. Sometimes a worker will help you. Especially if you're holding two infants and looking extra pathetic.

I totally fit an Ikea loft bed into a Scion XB.

The kid sticking it in my car was laughing hysterically when he realized the only reason we would be able to get it home like that was because dd and I are short enough that the bed was above our heads. :lol:

It would be a lot harder with extra children, I would call them to get the exact dimensions.

Can you call the store and ask them for the box dimensions (for those that are blank on the website)?

I'm sure that I can. We decided to just postpone the trip until DH gets home and watch the kids. Turns out she does need the mattress, so I'm sure that would put us over. Thanks for all the help though.

I'm sure that I can. We decided to just postpone the trip until DH gets home and watch the kids. Turns out she does need the mattress, so I'm sure that would put us over. Thanks for all the help though.

When we bought a twin mattress last fall,mit was rolled instead of flat. The Ikea folks said that eventually all mattresses would be rolled. It was easy to take home, but it did have to go inside the car.