Menu

3-D model of the brain with parts?

Anyone know where I can get a 3-D model of the brain that can be taken apart into the various parts? My dd (10th grade) is doing a science fair project on the brain this year, and would love to have a model to go with. I saw Timberdoodle has one, but it's only 10 cm high (and half of that height seems to be the brain stem)--she's hoping to have something closer to life size. I can't seem to find anything. I asked Rainbow (they do have a model, but it's just a "cut in half" type). When I google, everything is hundreds of dollars--not exactly affordable! Maybe I'm asking too much?

Thanks for any help!

Could she make a paper mâché version? Like, cover a balloon to get a bit of a shape and then segment from there when it dries? Use styrophome and carve it to the correct shape before cutting apart and painting? I do not know what level of time you have, but I would be much more impressed by a student creating a model than just presenting one.