Menu

Moving Companies MN to CO?

bethben

Atlas and Allied are both companies that do the big truck, as is Mayflower. When we moved, I looked into Bannister, Allstar and Alliance Pro/Arpin as well as some local ones. Definitely do your research first as some do include charge fee estimates on their site, and reviews can give you a slight idea of what you'll be dealing with. For example, I found one that was local but it expected you to pay X amount if you're paying by card.

The only thing close to unit type that we used was Uhual, and we drove the trucks from AZ to TX but we hired movers to pack them up.

Not specific to your area, but when we moved cross-country, we used ABF U-Pack.  They drop the trailer off, you pack it, they pick it up and drive it to your destination.   We used them twice and had a great experience with the company.   It was cheaper than other methods (other than U-Haul, which we were not willing to do) and their customer service was fantastic.

I would get at least 3 quotes.  In our last move, the quotes we got varied a lot.  Something like 8 or 9K, 11K and 16K.  We used Allied and we were happy, but I think so much really comes down to the individual *crew* that moves you.  We had a husband and wife team of packers and then a separate moving crew for the actual move.  Some of the pricing also depends on where they can park and so forth.

When my husband went back to grad school and we had to do a budget move a number of  years ago, we used ABF U-Pack and had a positive experience.

For a move from a shorter term rental to a house we bought (local move of 3 miles) we used a team of two guys who were recommended to us by a coworker of DH's.  They were bonded and insured, and two older guys who worked smarter not harder :)  They were quite excellent too, but that type of operation can be risky if you don't have a recommendation.  We moved a lot of boxes and small stuff via multiple trips, but they moved our big stuff, including all of our furniture.

Not specific to your area, but when we moved cross-country, we used ABF U-Pack. They drop the trailer off, you pack it, they pick it up and drive it to your destination. We used them twice and had a great experience with the company. It was cheaper than other methods (other than U-Haul, which we were not willing to do) and their customer service was fantastic.

We've used ABF in the past. I packed everything up and then we hired some guys to load the truck. The guys cost several hundred dollars. We were on the third floor so it was well worth it. The boxes were free on Craigslist.