Menu

Mammoth math 4a

joysworld

If you are doing mm4a, how many pages a day does your child do and how long does it take? Do you do every problem? If not, how do you decide which problems not to do?

We were doing 3 pages a day, but suddenly it's dragging out. I didn't know if maybe it's too much or if it's his adhd and his meds need adjusting. So I cut back to two pages a day and it sometimes takes an hour.

With my oldest we did three pages a day but not every problem, I basically just made a judgment call based on how much practice she seemed to need with that particular concept and starred that many problems, crossed out the rest. Also, we did not do three pages from one section; she might do one page of multiplication, one page of geometry, and one page of money or fractions, for example.

MM wasn't a good fit for my next child so he is doing Beast Academy instead.

We have found 4a to be a tough book here too. 4b seemed much easier. My oldest could only get done 2 pages a day and if he had the concept (still took him a long time even if he seemed to understand) I would let him skip some of the questions. Dd did 3 pages a day, but lightened the load with her other subjects until she was done with 4a. Youngest ds is doing 2 pages a day.