Menu

Weighted blanket question

We went to www.beanblanket.com and have been very happy with our purchases. We bought our first when my older son was about six to help with sleep problems. At that age, it made no difference. We recently broke it back out again and now he loves it. His younger brother has some sensory issues, so we bought another for him.

We ordered one from Weight On Me. You can pick from a large variety of materials and they made it pretty quickly. They are a not for profit company and their prices were really good. Here is the website...www.MyWeightedBlanket.com

If you or anyone you know is handy with a sewing machine and happen to have time to tackle the project, they really are not all that hard to make.  I made myself one several years ago and I won't lie it was a bit tedious, but for the cost of what some of those sites are charging, it was worth it.  I was also able to construct mine out of a heavier duty flat sheet (I folded a king size one in half) as I am quite heat sensitive when I sleep.  I do wish I had thought to make a slip cover of some sort way back when and would suggest you do the same even if you purchase one.  I have to hand wash mine in the bath tub and air dry it because my washer just about keeled over the first time I put it in there.  If you have something like a duvet, then you could take the outer layer off and just wash that.