Menu

Recommend your favorite Wii U games, please!

tammyw

Super Smash Bros!

My sister and her family just left after they popped over to play that game for an hour or so.  EIGHT people can play at once if you have the controllers to do so.   We were talking about how much fun it would be to set it up on a really big screen and do a huge family tournament with it.

Plus, if you're not generally good at gaming, you can get by decently by simply button mashing.  So it's really good for all abilities.  

Thanks for the recommendations so far! It's usually only two people playing (three max) so I'm not sure Super Smash Bros. would be a good fit. Preferably something that would be wonderful with two people.

Has anyone played the Lego wii u game? Or Donkey Kong? Or Pikimin 3?

Lego City Undercover is quite possibly the very best Wii U game yet released. ETA: The amazing, creative story environment of Lego City has yet to be equaled on the Wii U IMHO.

Donkey Kong is good, but best for slightly older kids who will not get frustrated easily. My 10 year old loved it, but still got frustrated sometimes.

Pickmin 3 is just annoying. It has a timer you have to beat and upset my 8 year old so much (after he spent all of his birthday money on it) that I sold it for him on ebay and made up the difference in the money he lost because he was so devastated.

Thanks for the recommendations so far! It's usually only two people playing (three max) so I'm not sure Super Smash Bros. would be a good fit. Preferably something that would be wonderful with two people.

Has anyone played the Lego wii u game? Or Donkey Kong? Or Pikimin 3?

Oh, Super Smash is just as fun with 2 or 3.  In fact, DS has been working his way through a lot of one-player challenges, so it's great for that too.  But if there were ever a birthday party or opportunity to do something bigger with it, being able to have 8 kids on the game at once is crazy fun!

We've liked all the Lego Wii games we've tried.  The Lego City Undercover that someone else mentioned is very good- but is only able to be a one player game. 

Donkey Kong is quite difficult. It's still very fun, but it doesn't get pulled out very often because DS is the only one any good at it, but he needs someone to buddy up and help him with some of the levels.  Usually that ends up being me, and I get totally frustrated...

We have Hyrule Warriors right now from Gamefly and they kids are loving it!  I haven't tried it yet, it just looks very different from any Zelda game I've ever played and it's throwing me off.  BUT, it's the first Zelda game that you can team up and have two people working together.  They're having a lot of fun with it and are now trying to decide if we should keep it longer and play more, or just send it back and hope that someone gets it for Christmas.

Ultimately though, If you don't have Mariokart 8 yet, that would be my vote.   Anyone and everyone can play that and have a good time.

Any Lego games, Skylanders (hugely loved by all three of the kids here), Super Mario Bros (the kids are getting amiibo's in their stockings this year), Super Mario Galaxy, Mario Kart

Our Wii U is broken right now, but I was impressed with how good the warranty is on it. We sent it in, postage paid, and they should have it back in a couple weeks. They have sent update emails on it regularly.

My son walked by and saw this thread.  He insisted I click on it and tell you Mario Kart 8.  I told him people have already said it, but he says I have to say it again so you will know how good it is.  He is watching me type.  He says get Mario Kart 8.

I think I'm done now.