Menu

Photojojo smartphone photo lenses

Word Nerd

I'm not sure what type we have, but I gave DH some lenses for Christmas last year. I thought they were cool. It was a groupon deal.

He has never used them. They don't work with his iPhone case. So there's my one piece of advice: make sure they work with your case. We have Rokform cases, and the lenses just won't work. It was a bummer.

And yes - very fun to say!

If you get them, I hope they are fun! They look like they would be. :)

I'm not sure what type we have, but I gave DH some lenses for Christmas last year. I thought they were cool. It was a groupon deal.

He has never used them. They don't work with his iPhone case. So there's my one piece of advice: make sure they work with your case. We have Rokform cases, and the lenses just won't work. It was a bummer.

And yes - very fun to say!

If you get them, I hope they are fun! They look like they would be. :)

This (and the higher price) is the reason I decided I didn't want Olloclip lenses, as you can't use them with a case of any kind. An online friend has taken some impressive shots with an Olloclip on her iPhone, but if I had to remove my Otterbox every time I wanted to use a lens I'd probably never use it. 

I got a set that has telephoto, macro, wide angle and fish eye for dh last Christmas.  We love them.  It is true that they don't fit all cases, but I just made sure to buy an extra cheaper case specifically for when I take my phone out intending to use the lenses.  It has worked out well and has taken some awesome macro shots. 

• 3 weeks later...