Menu

Veterans/Military Appreciation ("freebies") on Veterans' Day

Laurie

I really don't like the way the writer began the article  ...as if a free cup of coffee or something like it could come close to being "payback" for service to the country.   But here's a link anyway because perhaps you know someone who needs or would enjoy something from this list tomorrow! 

Happy Veterans' Day!  :patriot:

http://www.usatoday.com/story/money/business/2014/11/09/veterans-day-freebies-marketing-casual-dining-fast-food/18671047/

My grandfather, who is a state commander for the DAV now, sent me the following link:

http://militarybenefits.info/miscellaneous-discounts-veterans-day-deals-veterans/

Places like Lowes, Home Depot, auto places that do oil changes, even grocery stores. The movie Fury is supposed to be free to service members and veterans as well.

Unfortunately, I know from experience that many veterans feel embarrassed and dont like to call attention to themselves:(

I went with my Grandpa a few years back when our entire DAV chapter met at Golden Corral. I think that was a bit different as everyone was together.

If you are anywhere around Jackson Michigan, the Humane Society there is offering no cost adoptions to Vets of one dog or two cats on Veteran's Day.   Seems a little weird to me, but if a lonely fella gets a buddy and a stray animal gets a home, who am I to judge.

There's actually an organization called Pets for Vets.  Apparently, man's best friend is really good for PTSD.