Menu

What is the Foersters Sequence for Math

There is an article that says he authored 5 books, but for the life of me, I can't find a 5th book.

I have found 
Algebra 1: Expressions, Equations and Applications
Algebra and Trigonometry: Functions and Applications
Precalculus with Trigonometry: Concepts and Applications
Calculus: Concepts and Applications

Is there a place that I can look at the Table of Contents for each of his books? 

Is there a place that I can look at the Table of Contents for each of his books? 

TOC for alg 1 and for alg 2/trig:  http://www.pearsonschool.com/index.cfm?locator=PSZu6e&PMDBSOLUTIONID=6724&PMDBSITEID=2781&PMDBCATEGORYID=806&PMDBSUBSOLUTIONID=&PMDBSUBJECTAREAID=&PMDBSUBCATEGORYID=933&PMDbProgramID=21021&elementType=attribute&elementID=1

eta, as for the fifth book, it appears that he has a book titled Trigonometry: Functions and Applications, without the algebra in the title, though one can't be sure without seeing the actual book.  e.g. here and here.  I would guess that the content might be included in the alg 2/trig (and/or the precalc/trig) text - maybe someone can confirm...

• Like 1

TOC for alg 1 and for alg 2/trig:  http://www.pearsonschool.com/index.cfm?locator=PSZu6e&PMDBSOLUTIONID=6724&PMDBSITEID=2781&PMDBCATEGORYID=806&PMDBSUBSOLUTIONID=&PMDBSUBJECTAREAID=&PMDBSUBCATEGORYID=933&PMDbProgramID=21021&elementType=attribute&elementID=1

eta, as for the fifth book, it appears that he has a book titled Trigonometry: Functions and Applications, without the algebra in the title, though one can't be sure without seeing the actual book.  e.g. here and here.  I would guess that the content might be included in the alg 2/trig (and/or the precalc/trig) text - maybe someone can confirm...

And so the mysterious 5th book appears :)! Thanks.

I can't imagine needing trigonometry 3 times over since his algebra 2 book has trig, and the precalc book has trig. and the trig book itself.

And so the mysterious 5th book appears :)! Thanks.

I can't imagine needing trigonometry 3 times over since his algebra 2 book has trig, and the precalc book has trig. and the trig book itself.

Quite probably the trigonometry material is incorporated into the precalculus text (the coverage of trigonometry in the algebra 2 text is somewhat abbreviated) and that's probably why it's out of print. 

Great to hear! The one thing we have plenty of, is time.

Definitely not wrong. Great idea if you have time. Algebra and Trigonometry is a challenging text to finish within a year, though. 

I'm still dawdling about what to do (or not do) for Geometry, but I'm kind of leaning toward using Foersters highschool math texts, but first I need to get my hands on all of the books and look at the complete scope and sequence for each book and see the whole of the series.

I'm still dawdling about what to do (or not do) for Geometry, but I'm kind of leaning toward using Foersters highschool math texts, but first I need to get my hands on all of the books and look at the complete scope and sequence for each book and see the whole of the series.

Jacob's Geometry is popular with Foerster, though obviously there are other choices.  Preferably the 2nd edition.

• 1 year later...