Menu

New Title: School Shootings

unsinkable

We're rural, so that would match.

When I think of guns used badly, I tend to think of American cities...urban areas. I doubt many use them for fun there to be honest. And it could easily be true that those urban teens wouldn't be swayed one way or another if they were taught skeet first.

I'm back to the belief that it's mindset rather than anything to do with their upbringing of that sort.

Suicide is completely different - and still a mindset.

This was always my feeling too, but this kid proves differently as he was obviously used to hunting etc.

• Replies 204
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This high school would probably be considered semi-rural. The shooter was an accomplished hunter.

http://www.heraldnet.com/article/20141025/NEWS01/141029232

Yes, I see that and most of the schools where shootings have happened have been similar really (though I've no idea how many shooters "played" with weapons prior to using them for murder - not counting target practice just to get "good" for murder - just meaning real "play").

But most of the (firearm) killings in the US - even by teens - happen in urban areas I suspect (gang related would have a high percentage).  Those just don't make national news.  The nearest city to us has tons.   :sad:   Our area - also with tons of guns - rarely has any (from any age).

I'm not sure I'm coming to any conclusions, esp why a few snap and most don't - just pointing out some things.

Even though I was unaware that SWB had appointed you arbiter of these boards, I will try answer your questions in an attempt to justify myself to you in the hopes that I can sway your opinion.

Just one specific: If I don't agree with homosexuality, that does not make me homophobic. I am not afraid of homosexuality or homosexuals. That term is used all the time in that specific way. I believe that it is done to elicit sympathy. Look how these people hate us! Not true.

I do not want to start another thread regarding educational standards.

When the times comes for us to breathe our last, we will find out whether or not God exists for certain. Some will come to that belief before that time and others after.

I feel no need to defend everything Martin Luther said or did just as I hope you won't try to defend everything Woody Allen says or does. You have the freedom to quote whomever you choose.

Exactly.  I don't think you are going to get anywhere by responding, but maybe you'll have better luck than I have in the past.  At this point, I'm choosing to ignore because I'm tired of it.  It's downright childish nitpicking and false statements/accusations at this point.